top of page
Register to Vote

Registering to vote is one of the most powerful ways to be an effective community member and influence change in your community.

There are many ways to register to vote in the State of Utah. Please select one of the buttons below to learn more:

Precinct, Poll Locations, Elected Officials and Sample Ballots 

Use the button below to find your precinct number, poll locations, sample ballots for current elections, find your elected representatives and many other helpful voter tools:


Registration Deadline: You may register online or in-person at your county clerk's office up to 7 days before the election. If sent by mail, it must be postmarked at least 30 days before an election to be eligible to vote in that election.




Age: Be 17 years of age but will be at least 18 years of age on or before the next general election or be at least 18 years of age on or before the next election.


Citizenship: Must be a United States citizen


Residency: Must be a resident of Utah for at least 30 days immediately before Election Day


Felony Convictions: If you are a convicted felon, you can register and vote unless you are currently serving a jail or prison sentence. Your voting rights are automatically restored when you are granted parole, sentenced to probation, or successfully complete your term of incarceration.






Online: Utah Online Voter Registration


In person: A voter may register to vote in person at the county clerk's office or you can register to vote at your polling location. If you register to vote at your polling location, you will be asked to complete a provisional ballot & you will be required to provide identification and proof of residence.

By mail/ in writing: Fill out a registration form and mail it to your county clerk’s office.




Online: Registered Voter Lookup




Online: Utah Absentee Ballot Application


By Mail: Completed absentee forms should be submitted to your local county clerk. All completed absentee ballot application forms should be filed with the County Clerk’s Office no later than the Tuesday before election day.


Military and overseas voting: You can request a ballot online (requires valid Utah driver license or valid Utah ID) or by submitting a paper form to your county clerk.  You can request your ballot to be emailed, faxed, or mailed to you.  If you request an email or fax ballot, please note that state law requires you to waive your right to a secret ballot.


In order for your ballot to be counted, it must be received by your county clerk by 8:00 p.m. (Mountain Time) on Election Day OR you must send your ballot by 12:01 am (your local time) on Election Day.

For more information click on Utah Military and Overseas Voters Guide




Location and time: Make sure your ballot is postmarked before Election Day. If you forget to postmark your ballot, you can drop it off on Election Day at a polling location, your local election official’s office, or a ballot drop box.




In order to vote in Utah, you must have:
ONE primary form of ID that is valid (not expired), has your name, and has your photograph. These types of IDs include:
*Utah driver license
*ID card issued by the state of Utah or the US Government
*Utah concealed carry permit
*US passport
*Tribal ID card (does not require a photograph)


TWO forms of ID that, when combined, prove your name and current residence. These types of IDs may include:
*Utility bill dated within 90 days of the election
*Bank or other financial account statement
*Certified birth certificate
*Valid Social Security card
*Check issued by the state or federal government
*Currently valid Utah hunting or fishing license
*Currently valid US military ID card
*Certified naturalization documents (NOT a green card)
*Certified copy of court records showing the voter’s adoption or name change
*Bureau of Indian Affairs card
*Tribal treaty card
*Medicaid or Medicare or Electronic Benefits Transfer card
*Currently valid ID card issued by a local government within Utah
*Currently valid ID card issued by an employer
*Currently valid ID card issued by a college, university, technical school, or professional school in Utah
*Current Utah vehicle registration




You should register at the address that you consider your permanent residence. This may be your home address or your current address at school. If you are a resident of Utah and attending school away from home, you can request a mail ballot to be sent to your current address. Visit this page for more information about requesting a mail ballot.






Deciding how to vote:


Polling Place: Locate your polling place by county.


Verifying provisional ballot status: Utah Provisional Ballot Status Verification


Verifying Mail-In ballot status: Utah Mail-In Ballot Status Verification

bottom of page