"You must be the change you wish to see in the world" - M. Gandhi
This is exciting news....I’m running for the Utah House of Representatives! Quite a step for that little girl with the braids who grew up asking, “Why can’t I?”
Shortly after moving to St. George, Utah, I became involved in the community and met wonderful people while learning first hand why Washington County is a great place to live. I was elected Chair of the Washington County Democratic Party and serve on statewide Democratic committees. In 2012, I was elected to be a delegate to the Democratic National Convention from Utah.
I believe southern Utah can be even better and I will be a VOICE to:
- Improve educational funding by joining with parents and educators to bring education dollars to southern Utah.
- Support equality of opportunity and equality of pay for all people in Utah.
- Enhance air and water quality in the entire state. Southern Utah is beginning to see the effects of minimal emission standards and the Wasatch Front continues to gasp for air in the winter.
I will LISTEN to YOU and work with you to make life in southern Utah better for you and your family!
Who am I ?
- Former high school and college teacher
- Member of the St. George Branch of the American Association of University Women
- Member of the Downtown Farmers Market Board of Directors
- Served as an Americorps Volunteer for the Washington County Volunteer Center
- Hospice Volunteer for Rocky Mountain Hospice
- Served on the Erin Kimball Memorial Foundation Board of Directors
- Former Chair of the Washington County Democratic Party
- Wrote the Looking Forward column for the Spectrum for three years
- Serve on the Executive Committee of the Utah Democratic Party
- Served on the Washington County Prevention Coalition
- Member of the Dixie TubThumpers Toastmasters Club